Monday, September 27, 2010

Cozy, comfy fall food!

What a fantastic week for the weather!!! It's in the upper 60's in the mornings and only in the 80's during the day!! FALL has arrived! I feel so blessed to live in a part of the country where the weather has 4 distinct seasons and that next to spring, autumn is one of the best!  My girls have been an inspiration in my menu this week. Below are some pictures of Kait feeding Kinley some butternut squash, one of the only jar baby foods we have found that she will not spit back out! So I got to thinking, butternut squash, I've never tried to make anything with that!  Then what'd ya know, I turn on Food Network and one of their very talented hosts was making a butternut squash soup! The other inspiration I have is of course my sweet hubby who has recently begun his student teaching.  He has requested salad, salad, salad for lunches! Who knew he was so health conscience?! I have respected his reqest and gone on a quest for a variety of salads to keep it interesting and healthy.  As I browsed the selection of various fruits and veggies in the supermarket I ran across brussel sprouts and tomatillos, two more foods I've never cooked with, so you'll be seeing them on the menu for MPM on Orgjunkie!!! as well! I hope you all have a blessed and cozy fall week! 


Menu:

Sunday - Taco Soup dressed with chips, sour cream and hot sauce
Monday - Breakfast quiche (recipe below) and blueberry muffins
Tuesday - Easy chicken sandwiches with all the trimmings and sweet potato fries
Wednesday - Butternut squash soup, salad and crescent rolls
Thursday - Baked chicken with cilantro, tomatillo cream sauce!, carrots and brussel sprouts
Friday - C.O.R.N.*
Saturday - Out to dinner


Breakfast quiche recipe:
ingredients:

1 premade pie crust
1 lb.ground turkey sausage
6 eggs
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons jalapeno vinegar (I buy the sliced jalapenos in vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

directions:

saute onion and garlic until transparent, add turkey sausage and cook until done. beat eggs with jalapeno vinegar, salt and pepper, add turkey, onion, garlic, eggs and cheese into pie crust, mix until egg covers everything.  bake at 350 for 45 minutes. serve warm.

*C.O.R.N. = clean out refridgerator night!
Have a fantastic week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment