Monday, May 9, 2011

I jogged a mile... and didn't die.

I suppose it's obvious my blogging days came to a skreeching hault after I posted a start to get healthy deal.  I won't offer any excuses, I just lost interest in it for a while.  I am back now, and excited to meal plan and share with you some very exciting news!  I participated in the Women Can Run 5k walk/run clinic and this past weekend actually gave myself the Mother's day gift of driving to Conway with my little family and staying the night.  During the clinic the longest I jogged was for 7 minutes and I thought I was really pushing myself in that, but I was wrong.  I was able to jog for 13 minutes during the 5k, the entire 1st mile, I finished the 2nd mile by 27 minutes and the entire race in 40 minutes, 14 seconds!   It was very exciting and I was thrilled the rest of the day.  Here is a picture of me and my good friend Amanda (who ran it in 26 minutes) running me in and encouraging me to go as fast as I was physically able.


So there you have it, the WCR 5k clinic works!

I'll have more on my meal plan later in the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment